- Your account it brand new to the system - The account you are entering/validating has never been entered into the Repatoo system. The online account will be created and associated with your Repatoo account. If you successfully validated, the account will show up as verified.
- Your account already exists in the system and is un-validated - Occasionally, an account will already exist in the system. This is due to either a search having been performed on the user name, or another user associating the account with their Repatoo account. Until the true owner validates that they own the account, the account can be claimed by anyone. Once you validated the account, it can no longer be claimed by another user.
- Your account already exists in the system and has already been validated - This scenario would only happen in the event that another user has already claimed the account and authenticated. If you find that you have this problem, please don't hesistate to contact us so that we can resolve it ASAP.
Repatoo was created to allow buyers and sellers in any peer-to-peer exchange (online or off) to do business in as trusted of an environment as possible... without being locked in to a particular autions/seller site. We plan to make your reputation as portable as it can be. After all, it is your reputation, you built it, it belongs to you.
You can subscribe to repatoo for a one-time fee of $7.99. This will give you unlimited access to all of repatoo's tools, forever.
When associating your online accounts (eBay, Amazon, Yahoo!, etc.) to your Repatoo account, we ask you to either provide
a password or enter a short text phrase into your online account profile (this is the preferred method) on the site you are associating. This is done simply to verify that you are the true owner of the online account in question.
When using a password to authorize with a particular site, we simply validate that you are the true owner and IMMEDIATELY discard your password. For those uncomfortable with entering their passwords,
we have an alternate facility to validate which can be accessed from the "My Account" page and require no password.
There are a couple of things that can happen when validating an account:
- Log into your account. Under the "associated accounts" heading, you should see your Yahoo! Auctions account listed. If an extraction has not yet occured, an "extract" link will be to the immediate right of your feedback score. Click this link and your extraction will be queued and performed within an hour.
- If the above does not appear to work, or the link isn't there, send us a message and we'll take a look for you.
We currently have developed interfaces to: eBay, Amazon, Yahoo! Auctions, Bidtopia, Bidville, eCrater, eBid, ePier, Etsy, Ewaey, HiBidder, iOffer, OnlineAuction, OZtion, Plunderhere, SpecialistAuctions, Tazbar, Wagglepop, WeBidz and YourHighBid.
The sites that we currently support (except the Yahoo! Auctions
and Bidville sites, which have been discontinued) have well defined interfaces
that allow us to pretty easily access feedback and listing data.
We have spoken with a few other sites and are considering which sites make the most sense. Shoot us a message and let us know what you think and which sites you would like to see here.
We spent a great deal of time and effort extracting Yahoo! Auctions feedback detail records. Unfortunately,
some of details may not have been completely extracted and, as such, will not show up on your feedback detail records.
There are two things that you can do to make sure everything shows up where it should:
Worst case, we at least have your summary records!
Due to its closing, we have extracted the feedback details of all of the Yahoo! Auctions users so that they can always be accessed from a central location. While we may extract other sites details in the future, right now we typically just pull the most recent feedback and provide you with a link to older details.
Amazon identifies its users internally through a unique identifier (typically a nonsensical character string). We can only obtain this string by having the user create and authorize a Repatoo account. As new users sign up and start performing detailed feedback searches, more and more Amazon accounts will be automatically identified.
Feedback is updated every 6 hours or whenever a search is performed. This means that the longest that your displayed feedback will go with out being updated is 6 hours. If you feel that this is not frequent enough, let us know.
We try really hard to make sure that the data that we receive is accurate. Of course, there is always the possibility that something went wrong in the transfer or that we screwed up (although we highly doubt that ). Regardless, if something doesn't look just right, let us know and we will take a look for you.
Yes. We are planning on creating a system that allows our users to rate transactions on any site. However, we also don't plan on re-inventing the wheel. Most of the trading sites out there already have feedback systems in place. We plan to co-exist with and, if possible, enhance these systems to provide the most trusted exchange platform possible.
We are planning on creating an index that takes into account feedback from any number of sources and rolls it
up into a meaningful, easy to understand number: your Repatoo score. Not an easy task!
We need to make sure that the way we calculate the index is fair to both buyers and sellers and represents the users reputation as accurately as possible. Stay tuned!
We currently support (or at least think we do): Microsoft Internet Explorer 6-7+, Firefox and Safari Public Beta 3 (at least for Windows, there might be some issues on Mac... none of us own a Mac yet). Combined, this accounts for well over 90% of the browsers in use today. We have also done limited testing on Opera.
We are aware of a few minor issues that can be found in our bug tracker. Let us know if you find any compatibility isses.
We also highly recommend upgrading to one of the newer versions of the major browsers so that you can take advantage of all of the shiny, new, "web 2.0" features on many websites:
We are working on plugins for both Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. They will allow you to look up Repatoo user profiles with just a few clicks. Once they have been completed we will add a "downloads" section from which they can be easily installed.